Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What Did I Do Today?

What Did I Do Today?

Today I left some dishes dirty,
The bed got made around 3:30.
The diapers soaked a little longer,
The odor grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilled the day before
Are staring at me from the floor.
The fingerprints there on the wall
Will likely be there still next fall.
The dirty streaks on those windowpanes
Will still be there next time it rains.
Shame on you, you sit and say,
Just what did you do today?

I held a baby till she slept,
I held a toddler while she wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy so it would squeak.
I pulled a wagon, sang a song,
Taught a child right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess that's true.
Unless you think that what I've done,
Might be important to someone
Ask the girl
With deep brown eyes and soft blonde hair,
If that is true...I've done my share.



I found this poem while browsing thru websites, I'm not really sure of the author, but being a stay at home mom, some days I just look at the house and all the things that DONT look done and stress over them but as I look back at the day, well.. it's like this poem inspires. You may stop by my house at any time of the day and find me and my girls still in our jammies and the house not 'perfect'. But I've noticed the last few years, they just grow up too fast!