Friday, August 1, 2008

Wedding memories...


Well a friend of mine(Suzie!) had this in her blog and I thought it was cute, got me thinkin of my wedding so decided to fill it out too...Just thinking of it I attatched a photo from our wedding to go along with all the little details and stuff.. :)


1 -What month were you married in?May

2- How did he ask you? He never did really, we just kinda planned it.. Idk sounds stupid now..

3- Where did you Honeymoon? We didn't, maybe when we are like 50 we can take a vacation together if we make it that long and call it our honeymoon hehe

4- Can you still fit your dress? No! I was teeny then, I barely fit in it the day of the wedding i think haha. I've still got it though.

5- What was the worst gift you got? I don't like to say anything was the worst gift, we appreciate anyone even getting us anything!

6- What flavor was your wedding cake? White, I think? I only had the bite Jon fed me.

7- Where you a bridezilla? I dont think so, it was fun! I would love to plan weddings!

8- What is one thing you would change about your wedding?I would make our photographer take pics another day or something.. we didn't get to eat or really talk to any of our guests because we were always being pulled into pics. And I would want better more candid pics.. we have a ton of those me and so and so, then add one person, then one more.. so they all look about the same just with diff people in them. One of my favorite pictures wasn't even planned, just me and my dad talking and he came over and snapped a pic of us.

9- Do you still look at your wedding pictures? Yes, we both look so young and skinny! (me anywho..)

10- What colors did you use? Yellow were the dresses and things and spring colors/flowers

11- Where were you married? The Kentucky Horse Park

12- What's one funny thing that happened that day? The worms and bugs! Anyone that was there could probably remember the little fly type bugs stuck in my veil and dress (all 13 layers) and the weird catepillar worms that were everywhere that year. Oh, and to try to keep my flowers fresh looking we had put them in a cooler and they had touched the ice and like killed/browned half the roses.. so we had to adjust them in some pics to always have the ugly side towards me.. :P

13- How many showers did you have? none

14- Loss any friends over you r wedding? yes kinda, just a girl that I worked with didnt wanna be in the wedding because she wanted to spend time with her boyfriend that day.

15- Did you give any wedding favors? No.. Our wedding was kinda laid back casual I think.. We didn't have anything too fancy.

16- Who caught the flowers and garters? Don't really remember.. I think Jon's neice Devin caught the flowers..

17- Who was your officiant? Our good family friend 'Rev'. He is one of Jon's friends dad kinda.

18- How much was your dress undergarments and all? I honestly don't remember, I did buy the first dress I tried on though.. not that day but we looked and looked and ended up going back, I wanted the big fairytale looking bottom. And I wore just white flipflops hehe.

19- Was there dancing? No, we were in the middle of a field!

20- Where was the reception? We didn't have one.. kinda another thing I would change maybe.. but it was still good I think. Did the job anywho.. hehe

21- Would you go back and do it all again? Yea, there are a few things I would change but not much, i loved the simplicity of it but would have been more prepared and organized.

22- How long did you have to plan the wedding? Gosh i don't know! It wasn't that long anyway..

23- What kind of car were you in when you drove away? We had to stay and clean up after everyone left but Jon's mom let us drive her White Malibu home.. we were exhausted, his little brother followed in our car.

24- How many people in your wedding party? 8(4 for Jon and 4 on my side) plus Hali and Zeke

25- Did you do anything different in your wedding for reception? no...

26 - Did you save the to layer of your wedding cake for one year later? Yes but we moved and it thawed out and got yucky so we threw it away, never ate it.

27- If you saved it, did you eat it? see above!

28- How much was the grand total of your wedding? Not too sure - but everyone helped us out a lot! My mom helped me with the fruit/veggie trays the night before making and putting them together and bought us subway subs to have there at the wedding and then I think she helped pay off the last $100 on my dress too.. and my friend Tina's aunt made the cake for us but I don't remember how much she charged.. , Jon's brother-inlaw made us our wedding rings as a gift! I did the wedding invitations at a print shop for not too much..and thank you notes were just purchased, Suzie's mom (and suzie maybe.. I forget!) Made our ring pillow which turned out WAY cute just like I wanted(without the big lace and stuff.. simple yet cute!) We went to a hair school for the girls and my hair to save money but still be fancy, I got dresses borrowed from Tina's wedding and Trisha's wedding (we all had yellow hehe) Oh, and my mom helped me make my flowers and things for the guys and my boquet the night before too.. All in all it was stressful but fun, everyone helped us out a ton,I think it turned out nice!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

That was a fun day! Good times, and my mom made the pillow - I picked out the material and then helped with stuffing it! heeheehe